WiiD - Nintendo Wii ModChip
WiiD MOD Features
- Non Swap / Direct Boot for Nintendo Wii backups - Full support for booting copied games from
DVD-R/DVD+R and DVD+RW/DVD-RW and you can record the ISO files to the DVD-roms without worrying about setting booktype or bytesettings.
- Non Swap / Direct Boot of GameCube DVD-R backups from the normal sized discs. Don't have to buy the more expensive miniDVD discs. And all Homebrew in GC mode is supported.
- Built-in Audio streaming fix.
- Multi region support - Direct Boot for NTSC region Wii games/backups on US and JAP consoles
Boots PAL Backups or Originals on NTSC WII consoles (partially without swapping)
Boots NTSC Backups or Originals on PAL WII consoles (partially without swapping)
Boots different region GC Games Original/Backups Imports (partially without swapping)
- Compatible with all region consoles - EUROPE /USA/ JAPAN Wii Console Supported.
- Double soldering option, 6 wires or Quicksolder (No wires Required)!
- Compatible with all the WII Console Versions/Drive currently available -
Full D2B Drive Support
- Supports Multi-Disc games for both Wii and Gamecube
- Recovery Mode for incomplete / Bad or failed firmware upgrades.
- Stealth mode so even after updating Wii will not detect the chip.
- Firmware fully Upgradable by DVD!
WiiD Wii Mod Chip Review
The WiiD is a well designed Wii mod chip and functions as promissed. Developer support from The WiiD team is great. As a small minus could be mantioned the lack of Graphical User Interface for the update process - you dont see the upgrade process progress and when it is finished you get a DISC READ ERROR as a sign that it is done :). Small update to this process would fix it. The WiiKey has a strong competitior in the WiiD.
+ Easy to instal - use wires or quickersolder the chip onto the motherboard.
+ Boots Wii & GC backups flawlessly.
+ Easy to update the firmware via a DVD-R disc.
+ Region free capability for playing imported other region games.
+ Chip is durable and well made.
+ Compatible with all Wii console versions.
+ Can easily be disabled or restored to factory settings.
- Using the wire install method is suggested as Quicksolder method requires greater precision.
- Upgrade process needs some polishing up.
- The name of the chip may discourage some buyers.
WIID installation diagrams and Firmware Upgrades will be available in the "DOWNLOAD" page.
Be sure to regularly check the "DOWNLOAD" page for the latest firmware releases of your WIID!
* IMPORTANT *
Use 100% genuine branded media for a reliable copy. There are inferior clones available which show fake branding, these will often cause disk read errors.
TESTED MEDIAS :
TDK DVD-R --> 16x -- PERFECT
XTRA DVD-R -> 8x -- PERFECT
IMATION DVD-R --> 16x -- PERFECT
VERBATIM DVD-R --> 16x -- PERFECT
VERBATIM DVD+R --> 4x -- PERFECT (Burn it DVD-ROM BOOKTYPE)
EMTEC DVD-R -->> 4x -- Produces DRE on WII and Gamecube Modes
PLEOMAX DVD-R --> 16x -- PERFECT
PRINCO DVD-R -- > 4x -- Not Good Perfomance
SOME DVD BURNERS LIKE PIONEER 111d doesn't like too much the DVD Brands above .. if you get dre's with them .use someone like RITEK or similar ...
Nintendo Wii ModChips: WiiKey : CycloWiz v3 : D2CKey : WiiD Mod : WiiC Wi-iC : WiiBuster : Wiinja Deluxe